The setting itself is therapeutic, offering boys and girls an opportunity for running, jumping, playing, hiking and being part of a community. There are a total of four home-like cottages with eight children in each residence – a private bedroom for each child.
At Intermountain, there are no threatening bars on the windows and no grim “time out” rooms. We treat children with dignity, respect and a confidence that they will rise to meet our expectations. In the end, we are rarely disappointed.
- Ages 4-13 on Admission.
- Gender: All genders
- Typical Length of Stay: 12-24 Months
- Location: Helena, MT
- House makeup: 8 children per house. Each child has their own individual bedroom, no roommates. Each house has an intention mix of genders and ages.
- Staff to Youth Ratio: 1:4 during waking hours; 1:8 during sleeping hours
- Licensing: Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
- Accreditation: Council On Accrediation, Cognia, Northwest Accreditation Commission