At Intermountain, we believe learning should be fun, and a child must be in a safe emotional place in order to learn. For many children who come to Intermountain, school has not been a rewarding experience, socially or academically. Intermountain School offers students a comfortable, fun and stimulating environment in which to learn. Some of the highlights of our educational program include:
- Each classroom is staffed by a certified teacher experienced in dealing with students with emotional difficulties, and two trained education mental health support staff.
- Educational program administered by the Director of Education Services who holds Master’s in Special Education and a K-12 Principal certification
- Accredited by AdvancEd Northwest Accreditation Commission.
- Certified Non-Public school for Montana, California, Washington and Illinois
- Licensed Occupational Therapist and Speech Pathologist
- 1:4 staff to student ratio; 10-12 students per classroom
- Six hour school day, 210 school days per year
- Individualized educational programming to address each student’s unique learning style
- Standards-based core curriculum including educational field trips, with electives such as art, cultural studies, music, physical education/health and social skills
- Extracurricular activities include Bal-A-Vis-X, basketball, drama, skiing, soccer and swimming.