Intermountain Staff Directory
At Intermountain, our staff is challenged and supported to grow professionally and personally. Our long-tenured, professional staff are advocates, mentors, teachers and friends.
Jim FitzGerald, M.P.A., M.S.W.Chief Executive Officer
Jim FitzGerald has worked with Intermountain in areas of leadership, training, program development and implementation, and has played a key role in developing the nationally recognized children’s mental health agency. Intermountain employee since 1978.
Elizabeth Kohlstaedt, Ph.D.Clinical Director
Elizabeth Kohlstaedt is a licensed psychologist and has been the clinical director of Intermountain for 25 years. She has served as adjunct faculty at Syracuse University, and has trained medical interns from Upstate New York Medical Center, and psychology, social work, and counseling interns from across Montana. Dr. Kohlstaedt has appeared on Prime Time Live, National Public Radio, and in the Los Angeles Times to discuss attachment disorders and has trained staff, parents, and professionals across Montana. Intermountain employee since 1990.
Phillip A.K., Hash, D.O., Ph.D.Psychiatrist
Phillip A.K. Hash has a wealth of experience in academic, inpatient, outpatient community mental health and private practice. Dr. Hash is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (CAP) and Adult Psychiatry. He also holds his Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering (Human Factors). Prior to starting his career as a physician, Dr. Hash served as an officer in the United States Air Force. In addition, he has worked diligently to identify new areas in which technology can be applied for the benefit of patients and their families in the community mental health settings. Besides providing psychiatric care to children, Dr. Hash has served as the interim Residential Medical Director since 2014.
Marvin Williams, M. Ed.Director of Education Services
Marvin Williams worked in Public Education for over 31 years, retiring from the Helena School District where he served as the Special Education Administrator for 18 years. He has worked in areas of leadership, training, program development and implementation, and has played a key role in developing special education and mental health services for area children. Intermountain employee since 2010.
Meegan Bryce, M.S.WDirector of Residential Services
Meegan Bryce began her work at Intermountain with children and families as a Direct Care Counselor. She has since been a Cottage Supervisor, Child and Family Therapist, the Residential Manager and now serves as the Residential Director. Meegan is a Montana native and enjoys all the outdoor activities that Montana has to offer, especially river rafting. Intermountain employee since 2004.
ML Rutherford, M.Ed.Operations Manager
ML has worked at Intermountain as an educator, counselor, supervisor, and trainer. She started at Intermountain in 1996. She also worked as a school district behavior specialist for a number of years, training educators and administrators in effective behavior management interventions and response to intervention. ML returned to Intermountain in 2014 as a trainer, and moved into Admissions. She is a Montana native who enjoys the myriad of activities Montana’s playground offers.
Sami Butler, R.N.Professional Relations
Sami Butler has over twenty years of nursing experience. In addition, her professional career includes extensive lobbying, fundraising, board development, coordinating international healthcare teams, and serving as Executive Director of a nonprofit association. She serves on the Board of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) and on the Board of New Hope International Hospital (NHIH). She provides respite foster care for families in the community. Intermountain employee since 2004.
Jill Richards, B.A.Admissions Manager
Jill Richards began working at Intermountain as a Direct Care staff. After nearly four years in direct care, she moved into the role of Case Manager, coordinating care with families and treatment teams. Jill now serves in a leadership position as the Admissions Manager for the Residential Program. Intermountain employee since 2006.
- Terri Murray, M.A., L.C.P.C.; Lead Therapist
- Justin Sell, B.A.; Cottage Supervisor
- Joe Merrick, B.A.; Case Manager
- Ashley Browne, L.C.S.W.; Therapist
- Alex Hester, B.A.; Cottage Supervisor
- Sky Freeman, M.A.; Case Manager
- Jesse Heide, L.C.S.W.; Therapist
- Mary Beth Szczepaniak, B.A.; Cottage Supervisor
- Sky Freeman, B.A.; Case Manager
- Ashley Van Dyke, M.S.W.; Therapist
- Mike Dagenais, B.A.; Cottage Supervisor
- Joe Merrick, B.A.; Case Manager
- Kym Bailey, L.C.S.W.; Therapist
- Ryan Nolan, B.A.; Cottage Supervisor
- Ryan Molm, B.A.; Case Manager
- Heather Barnes, M.Mus.; Music Teacher
- Liz Byrne, B.S.; General and Special Education Teacher, Providence Home
- Kathy Brandt, B.A.; General and Special Education Teacher
- Joel Fetveit; Education Support, Providence Home
- Kim Hustad; Education Technician
- Penney Jerome; Education Technician
- Danette McIntosh, B.A.; General and Special Education Teacher
- Zach Richards; Education Support Services
- Katrina Salois, B.S.; Education Support Services
- Kathleen Slack, M.S.; General and Special Education Teacher
- James Thomas, M.A.; General and Special Education Teacher
- Tyler Waylett, B.A.; Education Support Services
- Marvin Williams, M.Ed.; Director of Education Services
- Brennan Wilson, A.A.; Education Support Services
Health Care Staff:
- Teresa Johnson, R.N., B.S.N.
- Kristina Wood, R.N.
- Sheryl Sides, B.A.; Health Services Assistant
Spiritual & Cultural Development:
- Chris Haughee, M.Div.; Chaplain
- Janet Tatz, B.S., M.Ed.; Jewish Educator